Wednesday, June 20, 2007

On the Photographic Art, A Reflection

I have received a suggestion that, in order to increase the traffic on this blog from, like, 0 to maybe, I don't know, 1, or at least 1/2, that I include in my posts some graphically pleasing images. It is suggested that to include images with the posts would enliven the page and make people stop to read the astounding reviews of films I have never seen. So, without further delay, here are some pleasing images to support my reviews. Now I'll sit back and watch the traffic roll in.



Here, for example, is a picture of a monkey riding a donkey. This picture makes me sad, as I wish the monkey was wearing a hat.



And here is a famous picture of a cheetah licking a dog while some customer service agent looks on. Is this picture a metaphor for the frustrations of a service-based economy? Is that customer-service lady waiting for a kiss from the cheetah? Does the cheetah represent big business, the customer-service lady the worker, and the dog the suspicious fuzzy face of justice? Like trigonometry, we may never understand.

And there we go. Exciting graphics shamelessly posted to drive amazing masses of traffic to this blog. I'll have to let the person who suggested it know whether- wait, what? What'd you say, honey? Hold on just a moment, faithful blog readers. Honey, what'd you say? I couldn't hear over my typing. Pictures of films? Huh? Not random? But I thought- but you said-I thought that you said...Pictures of films that I've reviewed? I don't know, I guess no one would want to see...But I thought if I put any ol' picture I found then....it...uh, it would...uh, uh...

Oh crap. Never mind. Please ignore the above pictures and stop back tomorrow for some enlightening ignorant film reviews. Sorry about that. I've had a tragic misunderstanding. Please click "Next Blog" and move along. Nothing to see here, folks. Nothing to see here.

Crap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those photographs are truly touching and make me openly sob and pray for world peace. Please continue along this path and I know what is righteous will prevail over what is right.